How many times in the last month have you seen a broken screen in the browser? How many times did you have to debug in the browser, by looking at the output, inserting debug statements and breaking redirects? How many times did you perform manual testing, by loading a staging version of your application and tried out different workflows in the browser?
If the answer to these questions is more than very few, it's likely thatThis book is aimed to php developers and features the articles from the Practical php testing series, while the other half of it is composed by new content:
you should give automated testing a chance.
- bonus chapter on TDD theory;
- a case study on testing a php function;
- working code samples, some of whom were originally kept on pastebin.com;
- sets of TDD exercises at the end of each chapter;
- glossary that substitutes external links to wiki and other posts, to not interrupt your reading with terms lookup.