So why am I telling you this? Because Allbus is looking for a replacement to lead the development team.
What I've done everyday (what you'll do everyday)
These are the questions that the Allbus software architect faces:
- in what layer or object should we put this logic?
- what classes do we create to add this feature?
- how do we test that?
- is this design ok, or there is an underlying smell that should be solved?
- what's Agile practice X and is it viable for us?
I think one of the interesting things about this job is that it is more focused on working on scalable approach for the development process, instead of on putting hacks in just to make a new feature work. The question to answer is always How can we reliably handle this case in 20 different places inside the application, and sleep at night knowing that we could maintain it for 5 years? and not What is the the shortest and most convoluted code that will work for this particular functionality?
And I'm that guy with the light blue t-shirt. :)
- PHP application, currently developed with Zend Framework and Doctrine 2.
- PHPUnit (and recently Behat) for testing
- Currently transitioning from plain old PHP to Domain-Driven Design approach. Everything is object-oriented.
- The job is about telecommuting for pair programming and analysis/design sessions with the team (usually with one or two people at the time). No relocation is needed.
- There is the opportunity to set up a flexible schedule during each week. The time required is from 12 to 20 weekly hours (the amount of time will be established at the start of the contract).
- Medium/long term contract.
- You'll have the responsibilities of a software designer and developer, and of a teacher for the rest of the team.
- Communication will be in English or Italian, according to your language, but knowledge of Italian language is preferred.
In case you're interested, contact us to get to know more about this position, or for an interview.
Write to email@example.com
Phone to +39 0577 208024 (9-13, 14-18 CET). +39 is the international prefix for Italy if you call from abroad.
Maybe we'll work together in the future. :)